Monday, June 22, 2015

Happiness!

Alright folks, here's the update! Finally got my haircut last week. It’s so nice to not look like a mop. That same P-day we got to teach a new-investigator that Elder Naressi and my district leader found on splits. We do something that we call Seabra's finding, where we set up a table and offer free English classes. This not only invites people to come to the church but helps us find the Brazilians. So while they were doing this Caliani (not sure how to spell it) comes up to them begging for us to teach her! She went to church for 4 weeks in Brazil and then moved to Florida and lost contact with the missionaries for almost a year. Until she ran into Elder Naressi! The whole time the missionaries lost contact with her she was still reading the Book of Mormon and the Bible! She's so elect and such a miracle for us to find. Her baptism is going to be June 28th! Woop woop. Miracles are real, people! I have the amazing opportunity to see them every day. Our other investigator with a baptism date is Julia! She's been waiting to be baptized for 4 years! Her boyfriend/fiancé who she's been living with has been going through a divorce for the past 4 years. It's been taking a long time because of the papers being sent back and forth to Brazil. But she's finally decided to move out of her boyfriend/ fiancé’s house and be baptized! They do have a son together, so it was a huge step of faith. So we are so excited to be able to help her make this awesome covenant that is baptism! The language. I have no idea what's going on. It's a daily thing really. Some days it's there, some day's it's not. I don't understand. But, what I do understand is Brazilian food. I'm so in love. It's just so simple but so.....me. Meat, bread, and rice and beans? Yeah, it's me. The other thing is that I have no idea how time works. Days are long but weeks are short. Weeks are long but months are short. Months are long but transfers are short. It makes no sense, which is a blessing and a curse. But hey, I'm excited to get to the point where I don't realize how fast time is actually going. I'd like to invite everyone to go read 2 Nephi 31-33. These chapters are so simple and so profound. I just love reading them. Never in my life have I truly been able to say I'm happy. But people, I am truly happy. I'm happy doing service. I'm happy because the people I serve are happy. I'm happy cause Heavenly Father is happy. I'm happy cause Mom, Dad, Chelsy, everyone is happy! I miss Chelsy, I miss Mom, I miss Dad, I miss Britta, I miss Anika, I really do. And I love them all so much. But I am not sad. I know, I absolutely know, that everyone single one of them, including my Heavenly Father, would rather me be here than with them right now. I get to have eternity with them, so what's two years. Those people I just listed are the most Christ-like people I know, giving up their desires to be with me, giving up their wants and needs for people who they don't even know, these people here in south Florida. How amazing is that love. How amazing is this gospel and the people that serve in it. I love you all. And thank you for your support.




No comments:

Post a Comment