Monday, July 13, 2015

Salad??


Thanks mom :) It's always nice to get something in the mail. I loved the picture. Tank is huge! Britta sent me some super cute pictures of him the other week. Very very cute baby. This week was very slow too. We are finding diligently and everyday. We find lots of Brazilians but not anyone elect and prepared for our message. So we have lots of return appointments fall through. Luckily my portuguese is coming along nicely. I've been asked multiple times now what part of Brazil I'm from. So that's always reassuring. I was talking with Caliani our recent convert the other day about how I don't like salad, and then she asked me which type of salad. Fruit salad, lettuce  salad, whatever. But I didn't know how to say lettuce, so I said, "coisas verdes" and pointed at the grass. She couldn't stop laughing. Maybe she thinks I like to eat grass now. Oh well. But we are still working very hard here. I had a moment of clarity the other day as well. I realized that only one time in my life have I been excited for the moment I was living in. I've always had a problem thinking about the future and how the future will be better than where I am right now. The only time I was truly happy was right before I came on my mission. All my friends were around me, my family was around me and happy, I got to date Chelsy. All those things made me not want to leave that moment. So that's something I'm really working on. Being excited for the moment I'm in. Not looking forward to P-day, or when I'll come home, or when I'll get married, but truly living in the moment. Being excited for my purpose right now. Today. But I love you all and I thank you for the support! Send letters! Send love! Send anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment