Monday, June 6, 2016

Hot!


This week for us was HOT. But the hot I'm used to now here in Florida. The think I think I'll never get used to is the humid. It's so awful. Especially biking almost everyday. Tuesday we had a P-day because of Memorial Day and what not, so we got to play sports in the chapel which is always blessing. That night was fun too. WE got to knock some doors and found some people to teach who turned out to not really be that interested. Wednesday was our district training. Being a district leader can be difficult because you're not really sure if what you want to talk about is what the district needs. But it usually works out in the end. Although I'm running out of ideas cause I've been doing this for 6 months. Haha we met this really nice guy this week named Charlie! He's 70, black and has a better narrating voice than Morgan Freeman. He's way awesome. He couldn't come to church because his parents needed his help (his parents are alive?!). But he's doing great. Yesterday we got to stop by a Brazilian members house. She and her daughter are members but the husband is not. We played soccer with him last Monday and we shared a message with him last night. I think slowly but surely we are opening a door their. Carlotta and Kevin are doing great. Kevin kind of goes MIA every once in a while, so we didn't get to talk to him much. But Carlotta wants work off SO bad. She's doing everything she can to get it off. Those two families are truly tender mercies. I've been doing great! Some days are hard and I miss my bed, but the little things keep ya going! And man that is a blessing. I know it'd be so much easier for God to just, give us a miracles all the time and then we could do missionary work, but what would we learn?! I'm truly working day by day to make sure that I'm overcoming my shortcomings. Which is surprisingly difficult. Which makes sense why they're my weaknesses....heh... You'd think I would've figure this out sooner. But thanks for everything and the updates! I love you all and be safe on your trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment